WE ARE OPEN FOR RENTALS!
Solo Kayaks, Tandem Kayaks, Canoes, & Adult Bicycles are available now (and Paddleboards are coming soon). On-site rentals are on a first-come, first-served basis. Read on for details ...
How Rentals Work
From early May to late October we rent flatwater canoes and kayaks in a calm stretch of the Farmington River behind our shop or for pick-up to use off-site, as well as adult and kids bicycles for use on the Farmington River Trail
in front of our shop. Rentals include paddles and personal flotation devices, or bicycle helmets. Renters must be 18+ and complete Liability Waivers
before heading out. Our complete Rental Policies are at the bottom of this page.
- On-site rentals are on a first-come, first-served basis beginning ½ hour after the shop opens. The last rentals go out 1½ hours before the shop closes. Leave a driver's license with us, and pay when you return.
- PFDs or Bicycle Helmets must be worn and securely fastened at all times on the water or trail. There is NO lifeguard on duty.
- Minors 17 or under must be accompanied on the water or trail by someone 18+. Children ages 7-17 who are experienced swimmers may be in their own boat.
- Well behaved four-legged friends are welcome in canoes and kayaks. We don't rent canine flotation devices but do sell Ruffwear K-9 Float Coats.
- Off-site rentals require a reservation. Full payment and credit card deposit will be due at pick-up. You are responsible for transportation, which may require a roof rack system.