How Rentals Work
From early May to late October we rent flatwater kayaks, canoes, and paddleboards. Launch into a calm stretch of the Farmington River from the boat launch next to our shop. Or pick-up to use off-site. Bicycles can be used on the Farmington River Trail
that passes in front of our shop.
- On-site rentals are on a first-come, first-served basis when the shop opens. However we appreciate advance notice for groups of 8+ people and offer a 10% discount for groups on weekdays.
- The last rentals launch 1½ hours before the shop closes. Leave a driver's license with us, and pay when you return.
- Paddles and Personal Flotation Devices are included and must be worn at all times on the water. There is NO lifeguard on duty. Bicycle Helmets also are included and must be worn on the trail.
- Renters must be 18+ and complete Liability Waivers in our shop before heading out. Minors 17 or under must be accompanied on the water or trail by someone 18+. Children ages 7-17 who are experienced swimmers may paddle a boat solo.
- Well behaved four-legged friends are welcome in canoes and kayaks. We don't rent canine flotation devices but do sell Ruffwear Float Coats.
- Off-site rentals require a reservation. Full payment and credit card deposit will be due at pick-up. You are responsible for transportation, which may require a roof rack system. Call to discuss.
- Our complete Rental Policies are at the bottom of this page.