This item is not available to ship. Pick up at store. Delivery options available, call for quote.
Order a boat online and call for accessory discount.
With the first major redesign of the best-selling Mirage Outback in over a decade, Hobie has single-handedly advanced the sport of kayak fishing. This fully-loaded fishing machine is built for every conceivable fishing expedition, whether you’re prowling the ocean for monster gamefish or stalking bass in your favorite freshwater fishing hole. The extra-wide standing deck offers an improved casting platform and convenient vantage point for sight fishing, allowing for superior vision from above while the revolutionary Guardian Transducer Shield gives you multidimensional vision below. The new Vantage CTW seat provides extra width for unmatched room and comfort. Four molded-in rod holders, multiple deluxe H-Track mounts, and numerous high-capacity storage compartments ensure that all your gear is at your fingertips. Powered by the MirageDrive 180 with ARC Cranks + Turbo Fins – now standard on all Outbacks – this fine-tuned angling vessel is highly versatile, fast, quiet, and exceedingly nimble. Now featuring our Kick-Up Rudder system with dual steering capabilities, combating drift and navigating tight water has never been easier.
- Powered by MirageDrive 180 - Weighing in at under eight pounds, the MirageDrive 180 produces full power in both directions and offers unprecedented maneuverability for your pedal kayak. The user can pull one of two shift cables to pivot the fins 180 degrees, almost instantly from forward to reverse and back again. The dual fins provide shallow water access and easy shore landings by simply pushing one pedal forward. Imagine the possibilities for your fishing kayak: backing fish out of cover; safely fishing closer to obstructions; or fishing downstream while holding in current. Hands-free propulsion in any direction means better control: to cast, to present baits, and to concentrate on landing bigger fish when kayak fishing. Pictures can be snapped, or cold beverage enjoyed on the way back in without ever stopping.
- H-Track Deluxe w/ H-Rail Integrated Track - For the ultimate customization and organization in accessory mounting. Includes Side Accessory Tracks, Plier Holder, Knife Slot, Tackle Storage Retainers and an integrated leash retraction system to keep all gear close at hand.
- Tankwell H-Track Deluxe w/ Bungee Tackle Retainer - Includes Side Accessory Tracks for the ultimate customization in accessory mounting. Plier Holder, Knife Slot, Tackle Storage Retainers and an integrated leash retraction system keep your most needed items close at hand. The Bungee system creates infinite storage opportunities, add a Livewell, H-Crate or large cooler to the rear of your kayak.
- Guardian Transducer Shield - Fishfinder is a valuable tool but the transducer mounted on the bottom of the kayak is in danger of damage. The Guardian transducer shield protects the transducer puck from damage. When the transducer strikes bottom, the spring-loaded plate in the bottom of the kayak retracts preventing damage. To land and launch the kayak, pull a cord in the cockpit to manually retract the transducer.
- Lowrance® Ready System - The Hobie Mirage Sport comes standard with pre-installed through-hull cable plugs.
- EVA Deck Pads - Advanced EVA pads provide better grip, extra comfort, and improved stability while standing and sound dampening properties.
- Power Pole Ready - Pre-installed inserts to make mounting a Power-Pole a cinch, no mounting plate needed.
- Vertical Rectangular Hatch - New vertical orientation allows for more standing area and ease of access to your tackle bins. Comes standard with an easily removable tackle bucket and bottle opener on the inside lid. A rubber mesh pocket is included to catch any stray bottle caps.
- Large Rear Handle - For ease of transport, accommodates Loader System and allows for H-Rail Accessory Mounts.
- Vantage CT Seating System - New state-of-the-art design, with 4-way adjustability and an added 1.5" on the seat base for more comfort in the cockpit or on the beach. Enjoy breathability, infinite flexibility and better visibility.
- Underhull Kick-Up Rudder - Automatically kicks up when meeting a solid object like shallow ground or debris.
- Dual Rudder Control - Easily control steering from both sides of the kayak.
- Cart Keeper - Bungee Locking System safely secures a kayak cart while on the water.
- Large Bow Hatch - Enables easy access to the bow's stowage compartment. A security strap with a detachable clip tethers the hatch; abovedeck, Bungee® cords secure extra gear.
- Rear Cargo Area - Big adventures demand plenty of gear. These molded areas and Bungee® tie-downs ensure that it's still there when you get to camp.
- Sail/Bimini Mount - The optional Mirage Sail Kit's mast securely steps onto a deck-mounted fitting. Enjoy added power without complication; Mirage Sail Kits make sailing fun and easy.
- Two-Piece Paddle - Negotiate surf-strewn beaches and rocky inlets with additional confidence or go old school and paddle for an upper body workout. Conveniently clips onto the hull when not needed.
- 2 - 8" Twist and Seal Hatch - An efficient corkscrew mechanism ratchets down this hatch, keeping stowed items secure irrespective of the sea state. The lid is permanently attached to its base via a hinge, so you don't have to worry about leaving it at last night's campground.
- Mid-Boat Carrying Handle - These ergonomic handles are bolted onto either side of the kayak's cockpit, making it easier to negotiate launching ramps or transport.
- Molded Carrying Handle - Ergonomic handles fitted to stainless padeyes make portaging easier and more comfortable.
- 4 - Rod Holders - These molded-in holsters securely tote your rods, are perfectly angled for trolling and can accommodate a gaff, nets and other gear.
Length: 12' 9"
Capacity: 425 lbs.
Fitted Hull Weight: 85 lbs.
Fully Rigged Weight: 103 lbs.
Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene